Backbench committees – such as All-Party Parliamentary Groups (APPGs) – are valuable fora for parliamentarians to discuss particular subjects and can also act as pressure groups. They often involve speakers from industry, non-departmental public bodies and other interested parties.
Ranelagh is fully versed in all the rules governing the provision of secretariat services for APPGs and we ensure that all Groups for which we provide support comply with these regulations.
On the instructions of the Group, Ranelagh’s skill in secretariat provision and political events management includes:
- Strategic forward planning to match topical issues with the Group’s activities
- Expertise in parliamentary protocol and logistics
- Identifying and arranging for key figures to speak at meetings
- Optimising attendance through careful formulation of the guest list, and proactive management of invitations
- Creation of briefing materials, press releases and newsletters
- Stewardship of meetings and events
- Arranging visits to sites of interest, such as companies, organisations and schools
- Ensuring that activity requested by Parliamentarians is followed up and complete
- Ranelagh has provided the secretariat for the APPG for Education, APPG for the Wood Panel Industry, the All-Party British-Italian Parliamentary Group and the APPG for the Roofing Industry.